Monday, August 23, 2010

ANGELS IN AMERICA Thoughts -- Playwright Christopher Shinn

We continue our series of posts featuring people's thoughts on the power and impact of Tony Kushner’s Angels in America. Click here and continue checking back for more words from Broadway cast members, our current cast and creative team, Signature’s past Playwrights-in-Residence, and others in the theatre community. We also want to hear from YOU -- click here to find out how you can contribute.

"I saw Angels in America on Broadway when I was 17. In the scene where Louis and Belize debate race and democracy, something very profound happened to me. I felt alive in a way I had never felt alive in a theatre before. I think I got so excited because I saw that you could both talk about the world in a play as well as use characters’ talking about the world to reveal their individual psychologies. Every play I’ve written has had my version of that scene in it."
-Christopher Shinn


Christopher Shinn is the writer of such plays as Four, Dying City and Where Do We Live

1 comment: