Thursday, August 12, 2010

ANGELS IN AMERICA Thoughts -- Student Blake Pruitt

We continue our series of posts featuring people's thoughts on the power and impact of Tony Kushner’s Angels in America. Click here and continue checking back for more words from Broadway cast members, our current cast and creative team, Signature’s past Playwrights-in-Residence, and others in the theatre community. We also want to hear from YOU -- click here to find out how you can contribute.

"I received a copy of the Angels in America play from a friend a few months ago as a 17th birthday gift. I'd heard her rave about, I'd heard about Tony Kushner, and I'd heard about the HBO special. What I hadn't heard about was how much of an impact the words Tony Kushner wrote would have on me. I never thought I would be able to feel, and cry, just from reading a play as much as I did while reading Angels in America. I'm so glad that my first experience with the play was reading it, which was of course followed by watching the HBO movie with the same friend. Both of us will be seeing the Signature Theatre production in January."
-Blake Pruitt


Blake Pruitt is a 17 year-old high school student.

No comments: