Thursday, January 17, 2008

FOOTBALL SEASON'S

Originally Posted by Drew Moerlein August 23, 2007

I don't know where you'll all be on Thursday, September 6, 2007, but I will be lounging in the Lazy Boy chair I will have transported from my buddy's apartment the day before, staring at the shiny new flat-screen TV hanging in the lobby of the Peter Norton space with the newly installed sound system to enhance the memorable plays, and watching the Kick-off of the NFL season! There will be flip-flops, sweat-pants, and a stained white t-shirt involved, as well as a sixer of Bud and a bag of nacho cheese Doritos… That's a Thursday night if I've ever heard of one. Oh, and if there's a show that night… Yeah… I didn't really think through that issue completely yet… Let me get back to you…

Alright, alright, alright… There is a slim chance of that plan actually transpiring, but seriously, if I could watch it in the lobby I would, because this new TV is just ridiculously cool. It will be used for pre-show footage and slide-shows, as well as a monitor of the stage while the show is in progress. It is a classy upgrade, and is yet another indication of Signature's move toward this new, professional look.

The sound system was tried out last night, with the house manager making numerous announcements on it without the use of such intense projection techniques. That will be a blessing when I house manage next, because I really have to get my pipes warmed up and get myself mentally-prepared to be heard over a crowd pushing 160.

So I don't like to say that technology is that important in this world and this business, but come on, a flat-screen and a new sound system are definitely much needed, or at least much wanted!!

No comments: