Wednesday, January 16, 2008

KEEP AN EAGLE EYE ON SIGNATURE

Originally Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007

David Gallo and Beth Whitaker
Eagle Eye and Curtis after King Hedley II

We had so many surprise visitors at the theatre during the August Wilson Series. I was at King Hedley II on Friday, March 30th before the show, and as I looked around the lobby, I was excited to see someone who looked familiar: Eagle Eye Cherry, the American-Swedish musician. I remembered Eagle Eye as the recent recipient of the MBI Award in London for his hit single "Save Tonight". I wasn't positive it was him, so I asked at the box office and they confirmed that it was and that he had tickets for the show that night. It was such a thrill to see a talented musician like him, in person, at the theatre as part of the audience, participating in the same experience that I was.

After the show I saw Curtis McClarin, who played the role of Mister in King Hedley II, and he was talking to Eagle Eye. Later on I asked Curtis how he knew him - it turns out they went to high school together, and Eagle Eye had their agents help them get back in touch so he could surprise Curtis at the theatre. What are the odds? You never know who will pop up at Signature!


No comments: